The Easiest Homemade Cheese
This is by far the easiest recipe to make and the end result is the most delicious farm/ricotta cheese you will ever taste. Make sure your milk is 100% whole milk and fresh, fresh fresh!
- Add milk to heavy pot
- Bring to almost boil and then put on simmer stirring frequently
- Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar or 1/2 cup of vinegar & lemon juice mixed
- Stir over medium heat until the curds (the cheese) separate from the whey (liquid)
- Line your strainer with cheesecloth and place into a bowl. Pour the curds and whey into the strainer. Pour the whey into a separate container
- Rinse the cheese (still in the strainer) with cool water
- Sprinkle with fine sea salt
- Gather up the edges of the cheese cloth and squeeze the remaining liquid out
- Tie the sack of cheese now with a string and hang over a bowl as it drips the remainder of liquid out for 1 to 2 hours
- Take it down, mold it with your hands into a ball and place on plate to serve or store in a container in the refrigertor.
How to serve:
- Mix with a few tablespoons of tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes and mix into pasta
- Spoon onto toast and drizzle honey or cinnamon and sugar on top
For hors d'oeuvres:
- Spread onto of flatbread or focaccia and top with or a mixture of the following
- chopped tomatoes
- finely diced shallots
- crushed nuts
- dried cranberries
- look in your refrig and be creative!