Rum & Maple Syrup – a Cocktail Recipe
This drink is perfect for enjoying amongst your friends… I use maple syrup, dark rum, seltzer and Sweet Vermouth.
The Red Shirt Cocktail
- Amber Rum, preferably a Rhum agricole from Martinique
- Grade B Maple Syrup, dark amber
- Sweet Vermouth like Carpano Antica or Atsby ‘Armadillo Cake’ Vermouth
- Large cubes of ice
- Bitter End Curry Bitters
1. 4 Tablespoons of the Grade B Syrup
2. Add 4 oz. Rhum Agricole
3. Add 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
4. A shot of seltzer if you must
5. Shake Shake Shake Shake
6. Strain over the ice cubes in a rocks glass
7. Add 2 drops of the Bitter End Curry Bitters over the top
Warren Bobrow is a mixologist, chef, and writer known as the Cocktail Whisperer. Bobrow is a freelance mixologist specializing in Craft Spirits. He has developed bar programs and implemented their cocktail and ice programs. Warren served as master mixologist for several brands of liquor, including the Busted Barrel rum produced by New Jersey’s first licensed distillery since Prohibition. Warren is the author of several books including Apothecary Cocktails: Restorative Drinks from Yesterday and Today, Whiskey Cocktails: Rediscovered Classics and Contemporary Craft Drinks, Bitters and Shrub Syrup Cocktails: Restorative Vintage Cocktails, Mocktails & Elixirs, Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails & Tonics: The Art of Spirited Drinks & Buzz-Worthy Libations and The Craft Cocktail Compendium: Contemporary Interpretations and Inspired Twists on Time-Honored Classics.