Rich Susca attended the University of Connecticut, School Of Engineering. His professional experience comes from 28 years at at CG Bostwick an over 100 year old Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractor that specialized in slate. Mr. Susca started as an estimator, later served as project manager, vice president and president.
His in depth knowledge of historical properties is the result of nearly three decades of restoration and maintenance of some of the finest properties in Connecticut. In addition to educational seminars in his field, he has served as a board member and President of the Connecticut Roofing Contractors Association. In 2007 Mr. Susca was one of the founding members of the Northeast Roofing Insurance Company and has served on its Loss Control Committee since its inception.
Professional Presentations (Roofing and related sheet metal topics)
– The Greater Hartford Chapter of B.O.M.A. (Building Owners & Managers Association)
– The Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation
– The Preservation Trades Network
– The Nutmeg Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors
– Served as a consultant to the Copper Development Association since 1996
– Connecticut Roofing Contractors Association, Past President 2003-2006
– Member Northeast Roofing Insurance Company, Loss Control Committee since 2007
– National Roofing Contractors Association “Advanced Roofing Technology: The Master’s Course”
– Holds CertainTeed Master Shingler Certification